RPi libraries and applications
I have a number of applications in development for the Raspberry Pi. Some of the libraries developed will be released here.
Picam - RPi Camera Module Python Library
A Python extension based largely on a stripped down version of Raspistill and Raspivid that allows taking still photos and video from Python without launching an external process.
Includes access to exposure, image effects and lighting settings.
- Take a full resolution JPG image.
- Take a specific resolution and quality JPG image
- Take a specific resolution image and return as an RGB array
- Return the difference between two RGB image arrays for motion detection
- Turn the Camera LED On/Off (requires the config.txt file to turn LED off on boot)
- Record video for a set length of time and dimension